Activities per year
David is currently the Programme Convener and Placement Convener for the PGDE Secondary programme. He also leads the teaching on the PGDE Secondary science and chemistry courses.
David was the Programme Convenor for the PGDE (Partnership Induction Model), an innovative route into teaching, and was the module lead on the "Leading Learning" module.
Prior to joining the university, David was a Principal Teacher of Chemistry at a Dundee school and has over 25 years of teaching experience gained in schools in Fife, Angus and North Yorkshire. He has written prelims and other science and chemistry resources at a local and national level.
Degrees and Qualifications
- University of Dundee: PGCAPHE
- University of St Andrews: MPhil.
- University of York: PGCE
- University of St Andrews: BSc (Hons): Chemistry
- PGDE (Secondary) Science and Chemistry
- PGDE (Partnership Induction Model)
- PGCE with Supported Induction Route
- PGDE (Primary) Science Electives
- MA Thesis supervision
Scottish Qualifications Authority
2006 → …
- 1 Similar Profiles
- 1 Participation in conference
Lauren Boath (Presenter) & David Porter (Presenter)2011
Activity: Participating in or organising an event types › Participation in conference