Projects per year
Dr Trish McCulloch is a Reader and Social Work Lead in the School of Education and Social Work. Trish joined the University in 2003, having previously worked as a social worker within youth and adult justice settings. Her teaching, research and knowledge exchange activity straddles criminal justice and professional learning and is grounded in ideas of voice, co-production and social change. Current and recent research projects include an exploration of 'user' experiences of justice; a five year longitudinal study of the Experiences of Newly Qualified Social Workers, and a national study of Public Perceptions of Social Services.
Trish is Vice Chair of the Scottish Advisory Panel on Offender Rehabilitation (SAPOR) and is a member of the Joint Universities Committee Social Work Education Scotland. Trish is also active in a number of consultancy roles, including, recently, with: Scottish Government, Northern Irish Social Care Council, Social Work Scotland, Dumfries and Galloway Council and the Open University.
- Criminal and Community Justice
- Social Policy & Policy Development
- Research Methods
- Doctoral Supervision
- Scottish Government, 2018-. Measuring Justice: Defining Concepts, Developing Practice.
- Scottish Social Service Council, 2016-2021. Newly Qualified Social Workers, 5 year research study.
- Social Work Scotland, 2018, Criminal Justice: Exploring gender
- Social Work Scotland, 2016. What the public think about Scottish social services and why.
- Scottish Universities Insight Insitute, 2015-2016. Creating Spaces for Change Knowledge Exchange project.
- Scottish Social Services Council, 2015-2016. An Integrated Learning Model for Social Work Education.
- Scottish Social Services Council 2015-16. Philosophies of Learning in Social Work Education in Scotland.
- Scottish Social Services Council 2015-16. Should qualifying social work education have a core curriculum?
- Scottish Centre for Criminal Justice Research
- Scottish Government
- Dundee City Council, Justice Services
- Dundee City Council, Children's Services
Doctor of Philosophy
Award Date: 1 Jan 2014
Master of Social Science, University of Edinburgh
Award Date: 1 Jan 2004
Master of Science, University of Edinburgh
Award Date: 1 Jan 1999
Master of Arts, University of Aberdeen
Award Date: 1 Jan 1997
Vice Chair, Scottish Advisory Panel on Offender Rehabilitation, Scottish GovernmentDec 2018 → …
Member of JUC-SWEC ScotlandJul 2018 → …
Co-Chair of Scottish Review of Social Work EducationSep 2015 → 2017
Chair of Scottish Heads of Social Work GroupJun 2015 → Jun 2018
Member of National Strategy for Community Justice Steering Group, Scottish GovernmentMar 2015 → 2016
Panel Member, Scottish Advisory Panel on Offender RehabilitationNov 2014 → Dec 2018
- H Social Sciences (General)
18/09/18 → 17/07/19
McCulloch, T. & Webb, S., Jun 2020, In : British Journal of Social Work. 50, 4, p. 1146-1166 21 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review
‘Within my work environment I don’t see gender as an issue’: Reflections on gender from a study of criminal justice social workers in ScotlandMcCulloch, T., Cree, V. E., Kirkwood, S. & Mullins, E., 17 Jul 2020, In : Probation Journal. 20 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile34 Downloads (Pure)
McCulloch, T., Sep 2019, The Routledge Companion to Rehabilitative Work in Criminal Justice. ugwudike, P., Graham, H., McNeill, F., Raynor, P., Taxman, F. & Trotter, C. (eds.). Abingdon: Routledge, p. 492-501
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter (peer-reviewed) › peer-review
Impact of the Transition Support Service on young people's transitions: Perspectives of young people and significant othersGreenaway, L., Jindal-Snape, D., Barron, I. & McCulloch, T., 3 Jul 2019, Dundee. 56 p.
Research output: Book/Report › Commissioned report
Mcculloch, T. & Taylor, S., Dec 2018, In : British Journal of Social Work. 48, 8, p. 2272-2290 19 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile3 Citations (Scopus)43 Downloads (Pure)
Trish McCulloch (Contributor)15 Jan 2017
Activity: Other activity types › Public engagement and outreach - public lecture/debate/seminar
Patricia McCulloch (Invited speaker) & Stephen Webb (Invited speaker)6 Apr 2017
Activity: Talk or presentation types › Invited talk