There are increasing numbers of older car users on the roads today. This paper examines the particular problems that older people experience as drivers and evaluates the role of road transport informatics (RTI) as a means for enhancing driver capabilities and improving road safety. Implications for product design are also discussed.
- road transport informatics
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Physical Therapy, Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Engineering (miscellaneous)