The purpose of this report is to review and analyse ethical and human rights issues in relation to pandemic preparedness in Europe. The report will present the current status and then identify gaps and priority challenges for the European Union.
This will be achieved by
• an introduction and overview of the role and importance of ethical and human rights considerations in pandemic preparedness planning
• a review of ethical and human rights frameworks
• a literature review to identify current priorities and concerns
• a discussion of a recent relevant research project
• identifying disconnects between ethical and human rights concerns and the reality of current governance and policy
• recommending priority challenges for future action.
|Number of pages||50|
|Publication status||Published - 2017|